When it comes to choosing slippers, people want to choose a special type of slipper. That will allow them to feel relaxed and comfortable in any type of weather. UGG or United Grain Growers are especially famous for their sheepskin-made shoeswear. People love to wear these slippers because many celebrities have worn them several times.
However, our time always demands something new and spicy to ensure you look unique and better than others. That’s why it’s crucial to know whether can you dye Ugg slippers. So that comfort can meet pure luxury and you can feel lavish.
Can You Dye Ugg Slippers In Just 5 Simple Steps?
This guide involves everything you should know about can you dye Ugg slippers. and what problems and challenges you can face during this journey.
The Type Of Material Selected
Can you dye Ugg slippers? The first step in this procedure involves knowing the material you have chosen for your slippers. Because the whole procedure depends on the materials used to make the slippers. Other than sheepskin, Ugg slippers are made from Suede leather. Once you know what type of slipper material you have on your slippers. it can make half of your work easy. Because the dying procedure for both materials is different from one another.
Carefully Select The Dye
The second step in knowing can you dye Ugg slippers is to select the color of the dye. You want to use on your Ugg slippers. It is vital to understand that sheepskin and Suede leather allow different colors on them. So you should decide on the color according to the material used in the slippers. And choose only those colors that are compatible with that specific material. This will help make your slippers durable and increase the possibility of you using them without worrying over the fact. that the color of the slippers is becoming dull.
Clean Your Slippers Thoroughly
The third step involves cleaning your Ugg slippers well enough to remove all the visible dirt, debris, tough stains, and dust from the slippers. You can even use a cleaning agent that does not contain harmful chemicals and can be used on a specific type of slipper material. This will ensure you don’t have to fiddle with stubborn stains and dirt particles while applying the dye. However, make sure that you completely dry your slippers before applying the dye to them.
The Procedure For Applying The Dye
The fourth step involves a look into the thorough application of the dye on the slippers. It is a simple procedure which involves a few steps to complete the application of the dye on the slippers.
- Use Of Masking Tape: The first step involves covering the unwanted areas. Where you don’t want to apply the dye involves the brand's logo or any other specific areas.
- Compatibility Of The Dye With Slippers: The second step involves carefully examining the compatibility of the dye with the slippers by using a small amount of dye and applying it on a small area of the slipper. To ensure it provides the same results as you expected. It does not contain harmful chemicals that can destroy the surface of the slippers.
- Applying The Dye On The Slippers: The third step is applying the dye. You have to select the procedure you will use according to the material of the slipper. Use a small brush or sponge to apply the dye for suede slippers. A clean microfiber cloth or a sponge is used to apply the dye to sheepskin slippers. Apply it in smaller quantities to maintain the dye flow on the slippers.
- Duration To Keep The Slippers Safe: The fourth step is successfully applying the dye on the slippers. Wait until the dye dries properly because you cannot continue this operation if your dye is still wet on the slippers.
- Securing The Color: The fifth step is to use an anti-staining product. Ensure that no stains or other bad things ruin the colour of your slippers. This product can protect your slippers from water, oily stains, etc.
- Proper Care Required: The fifth step is that once you have successfully applied the dye let it dry. It's time to maintain the beauty of the Ugg sneakers by having a specific brush to clean them occasionally. Keeping your slippers clean will result in their longer life. It is also essential to know that during the application procedure. You can end up with unexpected results of your dye spreading on the blocked area. And maybe the colour is not good.